Saturday, October 31, 2009

I Still Haven't Found...


What I'm Looking For
Bruce joins U2 at the Rock&Roll Hall of Fame show



The video below reminded me of the last time I saw U2...

It was May 30, 1983 in California... at The US Festival. Little Steven & The Disciples of Soul opened that morning... how wild! Along with U2 that Monday were Berlin, Quarterflash, Missing Persons, Pretenders, Joe Walsh, Stevie Nicks and David Bowie... U2 came on at 12:20 that afternoon... the part of the story that I so fondly remember was when the stars aligned I found exactly what I was looking for. U2 was on the stage... but there was this guy standing at the back of the stage... he was so... captivating. I didn't know who he was but suddenly I wasn't interested in the "bands". :) I smiled his way... and well I suppose I caught his eye... and felt an instant connection... every move I made he seemed to be making... unconsciously... it was like I was looking in the mirror but the mirror was a man. I reached up and pulled down on my bangs... a nervous habit I had back then... and at that very moment he reached up and did the same... He was soooo cute... :o (am I allowed to say that someone other than Bruce "was soooo cute"?) Anyhow... he was. I giggled and looked away... and when I looked back he was gone... I was so disappointed... he had stolen my heart and disappeared! Then I notice him under the (high outdoor) stage coming toward me... well actually he was coming out to the front of the stage... I'm sure it was too watch U2... I watched him closely as he walked crouched down so he wouldn't hit his head on the stage... I felt myself blush... as butterflies fluttered in my tummy... my heart rejoiced. He hopped up on the rail next to me... smiling down at me, there was magic in his eyes... but suddenly I realized who he was... and fear's a powerful thing. It's been 26 years, 5 months and 1 day since that "encounter." At times I think about that man and I wonder if he ever found what he was looking for.

2 comments:

slydog said...

Well Gina..I hope you find it :-)
I gather you had FUN in Baltimore!
More..more..more

Unknown said...

Gina, what counts is that you find what's important FOR YOU! Beautiful story..