Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Drive All Night

Mmm... Such a romantic thought... Her man is gonna Drive All Night just to buy her some shoes... how sweet... He wants to taste her tender charms... and sleep tonight again in her arms. As he longs for a word from God... a word that he can cling to... he gets shivers down his spine and all he wants do is hold her tight.

But is that enough?? Or is it too late?? You see... he has lost her... and when he lost her... he lost his guts too... and now he is starting to feel the pain that he has caused himself... he misses her love... he needs her near... he whispers for her to just dry her eyes... "and c'mon c'mon c'mon... let's go to bed." Yes... that sounds so alluring... but let's not forget... she has been in tears over him... and I am sure that it's not the first time. It sounds like she has ended her crying but not to go to bed with him. He realizes that he has lost her... and now he is desperate to get her back... and so he promises her that he is coming and bringing her gifts... new shoes... that should work on any woman... but he knows that she is not just any woman... and will require much more... and so he pledges his love... "you've got, you've got, you've got, you've got my love, you've got my love... through the wind, through the rain, the snow, the wind, the rain, you've got, you've got my, my love... heart and soul"

I find it quite interesting that a man would have to lose someone he felt this much passion, love and desire for to realize what exactly he had in his hands... I'm just glad that he realizes and I hope that it is not too late............ Drive safe!!
Drive All Night @ Gothenburg, Sweden ~ July 5th
One more reason to ROAD TRIP!!!

Speaking of road trips... Have you read the new book, "For You"
It is filled with great stories of fans who, like me would drive all night to see Bruce live. I was just chatting with Lawrence and he mentioned to me that there are only 200 copies left... Make sure that you get a copy soon... actually you might want to get it now!!

FOR YOU - A New Bruce Springsteen Book

No comments: