Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Springsteen's "So Fucking Cool!!"

When Bruce walked onto that stage in Pittsburgh, alone with his guitar... I knew it was going to be a very special night. Bruce looked good... wearing a light beige long sleeved shirt I could see that he had shed a few pounds and was looking very fit. For total accuracy, I'll need to add the word handsome in here somewhere, along with very!! I couldn't wait to hear his song selection... what would he delight us with this fine evening? For You! Oh my... Bruce began our night with For You... "Wounded deep in battle, I stood stuffed like some soldier undaunted, to her Cheshire smile. I'd stand on file, she's all I ever wanted..." He did it again! Hook, Line, and Sinker!! I was caught in his trap... and lost in a cool cool world of the sweet sound of one voice. Once he gathered us together with For You he took us to the Land of Hope & Dreams... on that train where "dreams will not be thwarted and faith will be rewarded!" What a wonderful song... of hope! With just two songs the room was filled with redemption... we were gonna be alright!! One more song... to complete what I will call our Pittsburgh Trilogy! And just one verse into that song... as if she were reading our minds, a voice yells out to Bruce... clear and true, "YOU'RE SO FUCKING COOL!!" His response? With an adorable grin, "I'll work for your love, dear... I'll work for your love... what others may want for free... I'll work for your love!" You probably would have had to have been there to understand just how cool that night in Pittsburgh was... if it were 1980, but this was 2011... NOV 3... 2011 and BlackLab was there to capture the COOL!!


Please support BlackLab's efforts to get to the shows!!! :) My PSA for today!!

No comments: